|The University of North Dakota supports a ground-based, ganged phased array radar system capable of sensing manned or unmanned aircraft within
North Dakota. Photo courtesy of Ben Trapnell.
Fly with a Leader
North Dakota has the experience, resources and leadership to receive an FAA UAS test site designation and help drive the industry's growth.
North Dakota was named the "Best Run State" according to 24/7 Wall Street and ranked #3 for "Overall Business Climate" in a 2013 Pollina Report.
North Dakota offers legendary business opportunities with world-class expertise from our research universities, easy access to government officials and a network of existing high-tech businesses.
A Strong UAS Team
North Dakota is home to a growing cluster of UAS research, business and military interests. Partnerships among private businesses, universities and state government strengthen North Dakota's position as a leader in UAS.
- The University of North Dakota is a world leader in aerospace education, UAS operations and safety. UND offers one of the most established UAS undergraduate programs in the nation.
- North Dakota State University possesses expertise in electronics engineering and computing technologies.
- The Northern Plains Unmanned Systems Authority focuses on safety, privacy and development of technologies, principles and procedures for UAS integration into the national airspace. The Authority oversees the Northern Plains UAS Test Site.
- North Dakota Aeronautics Commission plays a lead role in aviation safety.
- The Office of the Adjutant General provides a key link to UAS use for military applications.
- High-tech North Dakota businesses and their partners create an environment where collaboration and synergy result in new business opportunities.
- State leadership is committed to making North Dakota a hub for UAS advancement.