By ND Commerce Department
Innovate ND, a statewide program that assists entrepreneurs in developing business ideas, is hosting a series of Proving Ground Boot Camps. The boot camp series kicks off March 5th online with a live boot camp held April 6th – 7th at the NDSU Alumni Center.
“The Proving Ground Boot Camp Series is an excellent opportunity for North Dakota entrepreneurs to help not only build confidence in the development of their new business but growing their leadership capacity to launch their new venture successfully into the marketplace,” Jared Stober entrepreneurship manager at the North Dakota Department of Commerce said.
The first of the series of boot camps will focus on the understanding the entrepreneurial opportunity. In this boot camp, participants will learn the nature of the opportunity, how to evaluate it, and ways to build new insights into the marketing connection to the customer.
“These boot camps will teach enrollees how to strategically think about their business,” Stober said. “Participants will also get to evaluate and test their new venture ideas against a framework for making better entrepreneurial decisions that will keep the business competitive in the market.”
To register, visit InnovateND.com or contact Innovate ND at InnovateND@nd.gov.
About Innovate ND
Innovate ND provides access to beneficial venture tools, online entrepreneur education, and extensive resources.
An entry fee of $250 gains you access to $2,500 of resources through a certified North Dakota entrepreneurial center. If approved your business can receive up to $24,000 in total to grow your company. Funds can be used to create your business plan, prototype development, coaching and consulting and marketing assistance. With a $250 entry fee, participants gain:
Innovate ND is open to new entrepreneurs as well as established business owners with revenue less than $1 million per year. Innovate ND looks for businesses that are innovative and scalable on a large regional, national or international market.
- Up to a $2,500 voucher to be used through a certified entrepreneurial center.
- Access to a venture building process.
- Online entrepreneur education.
- Business planning tools.
- Entrepreneurial boot camps
- Access to a statewide entrepreneurial community.
- Choice of an entrepreneurial center or centers that you would like to work.
- Coaching from the center you choose to determine a unique timeline that works for you to reach your business venture goals, develop a business plan or refine your current business plan. You and your coach will work together to determine a game plan that works for you and the stage of your business venture.
For more information visit or to register visit: www.InnovateND.com or visit one of the following entrepreneurial centers.
UND Center for Innovation Foundation - Grand Forks, ND
NDSU Research & Technology Park - Fargo, ND
I.D.E.A. Center - Bismarck, ND